Wednesday, June 29, 2022

BOONE, NC.  Sunday night my computer began to act strangely.  I ran several Norton security scans to no avail.  Monday, the 27th, I took it to the local computer "geeks" repair shop and paid nearly $50 for diagnostics. They assured me that they would call me by end of day with their findings.  I heard no more that day.  Not a good sign.

On Tuesday (yesterday) I called them to find that the system and hard drive had serious problems, but that they would try all day to copy data from the hard drive, reconfigure the drive, then attempt to restore as much data as they could to the drive. All for a couple hundred dollars.  I told them to do no more and that I would pick up the computer today, which I did.  When we go to Asheville next month, I shall take the computer to their Best Buy store and have their Geek Squad look at it.  I may end up getting a new computer.

I am typing this on Betty's computer at the library.  She went to physical therapy this morning and is home resting.  They are working her harder now. 

Yesterday afternoon had the kind of weather we had hoped to find here this summer, sunny but with a cool breeze.  We sat outside and read books.  Betty caught a candid shot of me (see below).

Caught Me by Surprise

We would have liked to take a short hike in the pleasant weather, but Betty has been aching in her legs (etc.) and needed to remain less active.  She is trying to get an appointment with a neurologist here, but is still waiting.  We miss having many places to find things we need.

One of the pleasantries here is seeing blossoming plants that will not grow in Florida.  Early this month we snapped a photo of a Japanese Dogwood tree (Cornus Kousa) in flower.  Its outer leaves turn white much as poinsettia leaves turn red, rather than producing actual flowers.  One can barely get a Floral Dogwood tree (ironically named Cornus Florida) to thrive in Florida.  The former tree's photo is below.

Japanese Dogwood in Bloom

Yesterday afternoon I took a short walk through the campground and shot a photo of a Snowball Viburnum (Viburnum Carlcephalum), another plant that will not thrive in Florida.  I have tried.  

Snowball Viburnum (Viburnum Carlcephalum)

I now shall depart here, do some shopping, and return to the motorhome.  Hard to believe that we have been here nearly a month now.  Tomorrow will be the last day of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment