Friday, September 21, 2018

EAST TOLEDO, OH.  It was a five-hour drive (300 miles) from Sycamore, IL today.  We also "lost" an hour as we returned to EDT.  Altogether a six-hour day plus a couple rest stops.  There were some beautiful farmlands along the highway with generally clear skies, though pretty windy most of the time.

Betty's electronic I-Pass, mounted high on the motorhome windshield, has worked great to handle highway tolls in several states without having to stop at toll booths.  When we traveled in the Jeep to Elmhurst and back, it worked for the Jeep as well.  It worked best in Illinois where you can drive under archways at normal speeds.  In Indiana and Ohio, you must pass slowly through concrete chutes for the payment to be activated.

The traffic was not too bad, mostly on I-88 and I-80, then I-80/90 together.  Tomorrow I-80 will drop off to head to the south, and we shall continue on I-90 to Erie.  I-90 follows along the south bank of Lake Erie.

We have only three hours of travel tomorrow to reach Erie, PA for the weekend.  We shall sleep in later tomorrow and leave later.
Our Site at East Toledo KOA

No comments:

Post a Comment