Saturday, August 12, 2017


Yesterday was so busy that I did not manage to post to this blog.  The day started early with David Jenkins, my nephew, driving Betty and me down to a place near New Orleans where we took an air boat ride in the bayou.  I strapped a GoPro camera to my hat and shot a lot of video, one example of which is included here:  video of air boat ride.  Betty and I got some still shots that I have inserted below.  The boat ride ended with a downpour that soaked everyone, so some time was spent drying everything out later that day.  After we got cleaned up and changed our clothes, David returned to take us to a wonderful steak dinner.  It was late by then, so no blog entry got made.  David looks a bit like Tom Hanks, so I joked that with that Alabama hat he might pass for Forrest Gump.

The Air Boat We Rode On

Betty Took This Shot of David and Steve Before the Ride
We Did Not Look That Clean After the Ride

The Ultimate Swamp Adventures where we loaded up for the ride.
Air Boat Driver Kisses Baby Gator
Driver Leaps from Boat in Flip Flops to Chase Gator in Swamp

Betty and David

1 comment:

  1. Just want to thank you two again for stopping in Baton Rouge on your way west. Really enjoyed the visit . . . and my first air boat ride, too! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete