Wednesday, July 3, 2019

WATSON LAKE, YT.  Made it to the Yukon Territory.  I am using a free computer at a Northern Lights theatre to access the internet, since even though I can make occasional phone calls with Verison, I still cannot use it to access the internet via WIFI. Hard to believe how difficult it is to do anything electronically in this part of Canada unless you use a land line, as I am doing now.  I am limited in how much time I can use, so I shall keep this short.

Betty and I am doing fine.  Will be glad to reach Alaska and the USA again.  May just kiss the ground.

Just below BC's border with Yukon Territory, we saw a herd of wood buffalo alongside the road.  We pulled over and got some good shots.

Wood Buffalo Herd
It is in Watson Lake that a GI long ago planted a road sign pointing to his home town with the mileage to get there. People from the world over have since added signs with mileage to their hometown. It is the tourist cool thing to do to add a sign. The tour master will had a group sign for our group after we have our photo taken there.

Replica of Original Signpost Made by GI

How the Sign Post Forest Has Grown

Closeup Of One Section of Sign Post Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment