Friday, October 19, 2018

CENTREVILLE, VA Day 2. This morning after dropping off the Jeep for service at the dealer, Betty and Kim went in Kim's car to the new National Air and Space Museum that is near where the Ransoms live.  They had a great time.  After that they drove to the Jeep dealer to pick up the Jeep, which now had new front brakes.  The mechanic said that driving in the mountains pulling the Jeep behind the motorhome put excessive wear on its brakes, since the Jeep does no down shifting to spare its brakes as is done in the motorhome.

Meanwhile back at the campground as I awaited the automotive service mechanic to call about when he could stop by the campground to look at the motorhome, I called the Freightliner service center in Harrisburg again, this time successfully making contact with the man who worked on our motorhome on Monday.  He said that it must be something related to water absorption in the electrical connections, perhaps some corrosion related to the very wet weather this year.  He then asked if I had called the Freightliner manufacturer in Gaffney, SC and gave me their phone number.  I called them, and the man at the 24/7 help desk was very friendly and said that it is likely that I in actuality had no serious problems with the functionality of the motorhome, that the electronic mishaps cause false error readings.  I started the engine, and there were no error messages now.  I let it run a while, and there were no warnings.  I called the automotive company to say I would not need their help, but no one answered and I could only leave a phone message.

I called Betty and she insisted that she come by and get me once the Jeep was fixed and take me back to the Ransoms for supper and spending the night.  As we ate supper at 6:00 pm, the mechanic from the automotive place, that was supposed to stop by earlier today, and about whom I had called to say I no longer needed him, called to say he had finished up his prior appointment finally and was ready to drop by, apologizing that he was running a bit late that day.  How glad I was that I would not be needing him.  Apparently the woman I called never contacted him about my message earlier in the day.  I would have been waiting all day until 6:00 pm to hear from him.

It was a great supper, evening of conversation, and sound sleep overnight.  The Ransoms are great company, and we eagerly invited them to come stay with us this winter in St Augustine.
Tom and Kim Ransom

No comments:

Post a Comment